The Social action Circle (SAC) was formed in 2017 to address issues in the wider community. Current co-chairs are Julie Lannen and Deb Diegoli.
Here are resources about some of the issues we’ve worked on:
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England:
Migrant Justice in Vermont: Migrant Justice/ Justicia Migrante Organizing for Human Rights & Food Justice
Health Care Vermont Workers’ Center
Refugee Resettlement in Vermont
- Vermont Refugee Ressettlement Program/ USCRI Vermont
- The Community Asylum Seekers Project (CASP) – Steve Crofter and Laurel Green
Syrian Refugee Crisis
- Our congregation has made several donations to the World Food Program
- We also sold copies of the cookbook Soup for Syria and sold soup made from recipes from the book at our 2016 May Festival. All proceeds were donated to benefit refugees from Syria.
- Our minister, Rev. Dr. Mellen Kennedy, was a founder of Interfaith Bridge, whose purpose is addressing Islamophobia and building bridges of understanding and friendship among non-Muslims and Muslims.